Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BP5- DFilm

DFilm would be an EXCELLENT tool I could absolutely use in my art Classroom!  My students are currently working on making movie posters.  We talk about movie plot ideas that have not been made before, and they create characters and dates to put on their movie poster.  They then create a layout to benefit their movie poster by deciding what images tell a story in the best and most direct way possible.
Another project grade for these students is their presentation of their poster.  They have to talk about why they chose the layout they did and why it was important to use the images and text they chose.  So a more interactive and entertaining way to present their poster idea could be to make a preview for it to present their ideas.   I think this would absolutely draw more interest from the students and it the outcome would definitely be beneficial to students self esteems about both presenting and artwork.
If you watch the video’s I’ve posted, it’s such a simple tool that an Elementary School student could use it.  You start out by choosing you background.  The application then chooses which genre of movie that the background most benefits and tells you.  For example, a dark night scene may specify a horror or suspense movie.  Then you can choose two characters off of a list to have an interaction, and then choose their interaction.  You can have them engage in a rendezvous, a chase, etc.  Then it is as easy as typing their dialogue into a chat box and voila, you have a movie!

2 comments:

  1. I also chose Dfilm for one of my Web 2.0 blogs. It is great because it is so simple and quick; I used it to create a video to generate interest in an upcoming activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool tool! I have no idea what I could use it for right now, but I want to use it :) I wonder if you can pull it into iMovie and do voice overs - that would be fun.

    I have found with all of these tools we are learning about I have been coming up with excuses to use stuff because it is fun...Thats a great thing...to have a tool generate ideas...instead of needing a tool for an idea. It kind of reverses my creative process. :) Annie

    ReplyDelete